Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates

steve-m.com

----- Русский -----

Если ваш сайт содержит большую коллекцию SCM/CLEO-скриптов (больше 16), напишите на мой e-mail, и я добавлю его в список. Приветствуются скрипты, которые не встречаются на других сайтах ... Спасибо. ))))

----- English -----

If your website has a big enough collection of SCM/CLEO scripts (more than 16) notify me by e-mail
, and I will add it to the list. The unique scripts are preferable ... Thank you. ))))

I forgot my password

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAQ for Scripting (Freqently Asked Questions)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FAQ for Scripting (Freqently Asked Questions) on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 am

For the people who can speak only English, I am writing this, since I had not done a English version.

Q: I must use a timer for my CLEO script/mission, how do I use this in CLEO without the need for global variables?

A: You have to use a special method, see SA Memory Handling Topic.

Q: I am Russian or can speak it - I want my game in Russian language, how do I do this?

A: The game does not support Cyrillic letters normally, but there is a tool made by yelmi which allows support. First modify your front files to they support Cyrillic, and then write a sentence in yelmi's tool in Russian, and it will translate into a form in order to display what you wrote in-game. (More information in the readme file.)

Rus2gxtCoder – http://yelmi.com/modules/files/showfile.php?lid=1
FXT_EDITOR (Rus) 1.0 - http://yelmi.com/modules/files/showfile.php?lid=33

Q: I want learn how to script, what do I have to-do?

A: The most logical answer would be to pratice - it's impossible for most people to learn how to script within one day, this is a programming language. You should read the information on this website. Also you should read the other tutorials on GTAForums - and GTAModding.com.

Q: Learning how to program is really not my thing, can someone just make my mod for me?

A: Well, depends on what you want to be made, you can request for small things here and the GTAForums - Request Topic don't get your "hopes up" because many people are busy, and it depends on how hard/time consuming your mod(s) is to make.

Q: What is CLEO 3, what does it do?

A: CLEO is a tool that hooks some of the DLL files in SA, that extends coding possibilities in the game. The auother of CLEO 3 is also Seemann - a Russian programmer and GTA mission scripter. You can read all about CLEO 3 at his website. With CLEO 3 you can add custom scripts/missions without the need of starting a "New Game".

In English language
На русском языке

Q: Which software/programms do I need to edit the main.scm file?

A: There are three mission building tools, Sanny Builder, Mission Builder and Point, the best one is Sanny Builder - the another's are out-dated, and not as good.

Q: What is a Mission Pack, and how do I use them?

A: A Mission Pack is a way of getting extra content into the game without editing the SCM-file or using CLEO. When the game starts you have a option to choose between "Normal game" and the Mission Pack(s), this is a great way of sharing mods. Read these topics for more information:

• GTAForums - Mission Packs
  • AGFC - Russian posts by Seemann
  • Topic on here
  • GTAModding article by Seemann

Q: Can I mod GTA 4 if I learn how to script in San Andreas?

A: No. GTA 4 uses a different scripting language, and engine. You have to learn LUA, and/or C/C++.

Q: Compiler error: "Label 'loop' redeclared." - and what does this mean?

A: It means that you used a label in the same script with exactally the same name. So you change it.

View Sanny Builder Error animated GIF-file

Q: Compiler error: "Incorrect number of conditions, 9 max." - and what does this mean?

A: You got a loop if only one condtion, but you used if and/or, when you should have used just "if".
Like that:

Code:

:Label
if or // WRONG!!
0248:  model #INFERNUS available
jf @Label

Q: "Not enough actual parameters!" - and what does this mean?

A: It's very common problem, and even more so for new scripters. There are too few parameters. And check if you need to commas or not.

Code:

0100:  actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_sphere 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 radius 4.0 4.0 4.0 sphere 1 in_car

In this there should not be comma's, it's totally wrong. Just remove them, and everything will be fine.

Q: I have a Sanny Builder Error, what should I do?

A: Well, Sanny Builder will give you a error message when you get something wrong and it will tell you the problem. Read it and try to figure out the problem.

Q: My game just crashed. I can not do anything with my PC, what should I do next time?

A: Before you get into GTA:SA, download this tool: http://tjbp.net/upload/GTA_SA_Killer.zip - press F7 when the game crashed, and your .exe will be killed right away.

Q: $PLAYER_CHAR and $PLAYER_ACTOR - the difference is?

A: ... the difference is that $PLAYER_ACTOR is the actual player (it's like the variable of a actor you spawn but the one for CJ) $PLAYER_CHAR is the core-root of the player. In GTA 4 this is vice-versa. For example if we want to add some rubles to CJ's pocket we use:

Code:

0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += 10000

, where we would use $PLAYER_ACTOR to put CJ somewhere (opcode 00A1).

Q: How do you (scripter's) remember all them nearly 2000 opcodes in your head?

A: Most of us only remember about 20. We use Sanny Builder's - Opcode Search Tool to find opcodes. Tools > IDE tools > Opcode Search, CTRL+ALT+2.

Q: I downloaded a mod, but I can't understand because it's in a different language.

A: Well, you will find 80% of the people who play SA are not English/American, there is nothing you can do if you can't understand. Ask someone who speaks that language to give you a translation.

Q: Is there a difference between the main.scm of SA and VC? What is it?

A: Yea, sure. SA is more advanced, there are things SA has that VC does not have, e.g. real good array support, external scripts, mission scripting contructions.

Q: How can I find object ID's?

A: Use Map Editor. Also see this: http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Game_Object_ID_List

Q: Where can I find the model names of pedestrians, weapons and vehicles?

A: Just press '#' in Sanny Builder, or look in the data folders of SA. For weapons you can also see Sanny Builder -> Help.

Q: How can I get co-ordnates in-game?

A: Use Sanny Builder, go to "Insert Coords" or click the right mouse and click "Insert" or press Shift+Ctrl+C.

Q: Why isn't my text showing up, in the FXT file I did?

A: You named the entry over 7 chars, or you have too many spaces, or you did not write the entry using Latin letters, (i.e. if your Russian you may have written the entry using Cyrillic letters).

Q: The game crashed in the loading bar, after I have installed CLEO 3. Why?

A: You problay have the wrong .exe file. Use this one: http://public.sannybuilder.com/gtasa_exe_idb/compact.rar

Password to the RAR archive file is: CVehicle ("C "and "V" MUST be in CAPITAL letters)

Q: Where can I find a list of all GXT entry's for all supported GTA games in SB?

A: GXT texts for all supported games can be found in the Sanny Builder\help\GXT Strings folder. An the SA's list the creator of it is AleX AciD.

Q: How do I convert a decimal number to a hexadecimal one?

A: Use the Sanny Builder convert feature insert the mouse before the number and press Ctrl+H.

Q: What does opcode 0000 do?

A: Nothing much. It's just used at the start of a quick CLEO script usually to aviode the jump to 0 offset bug. See: http://waterviper.forumtwilight.com/forum-f2/tema-t92.htm

Q: What is a ASM injector?

A: See these topics: Russian English

---

Add-ons, spelling corrections and anything else is welcome, I have not finished this FAQ yet.

• Sanny Builder (Русский)
• Sanny Builder Profile

View user profile http://gtamodding.com

A tutorial about showing different kinds of text with the games memory, and how showing Russian texts via script works, etc.

Tutorial for in-game displaying text with memory

• Sanny Builder (Русский)
• Sanny Builder Profile

View user profile http://gtamodding.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum